At the cidb, we strive to empower local contractors. We know that navigating the scene can often feel overwhelming, that’s why we encourage you to reach out to us at any point for assistance or clarification. Herewith a brief overview of contractor requirements:
- Any contractor can register on our cidb Register of Contractors.
- Subcontractors do not yet need to register.
- Joint Ventures (JV) do not need to register. All partners to a JV must be individually registered in their own right. Their combined grading may be determined using the cidb Joint Venture Calculator.
- Home builders are regulated by the National Home Building Council (NHBRC). They are therefore exempted from the Register of Contractors.
- Labour only contractors are exempted from registration with the cidb.