The cidb Act mandates the Board to:
- Establish a national register of contractors and of construction projects to systematically regulate, monitor and promote the performance of the industry for sustainable growth, delivery and empowerment.
- Promote improved delivery management capacity and the uniform application of procurement policy throughout all spheres of government.
- Promote improved performance and best practice of public and private sector clients, contractors and other participants in the construction delivery process.
- Promote sustainable participation of the emerging sector.
- Provide strategic direction and develop effective partnerships for growth, reform and improvement of the construction sector.
View the cidb Act (Act 38 of 2000)